I’m very happy to announce the publication of a new report: Privacy and the Internet of Things. Published by O’Reilly Media, the report explores the privacy risks implied by increasing numbers of devices in the human environment, and the historical and emerging frameworks to address them.
It’s a free report, available for download here.
In this report, you will:
- Learn the various definitions of the Internet of Things
- Explore the meaning of privacy and survey its mechanics and methods from American and European perspectives
- Understand the differences between privacy and security in the IoT
- Examine major privacy risks implied by the proliferation of connected devices
- Review existing and emerging frameworks for addressing IoT privacy risks
- Find resources for further reading and research into IoT privacy
I’d be very happy to discuss any of the report’s content. Please feel free to get in touch!